Friday Five #36
This weekend we spring forward, artists. INTO THE FUTURE. I’m choosing to look at this positively – instead of just dwelling on the hour of sleep that I’m going to lose. Instead, I’m going to focus on making this week better than the last and climbing one or two more rungs on my metaphorical ladder toward greatness. But before I set my clock forward, I finished the Friday Five as a little mental exercise to give me the motivation I need. Sit back and enjoy our favorite finds this week!
1. An Artist’s Panic Room - These graffiti artists from Graffitilt designed this room for the hotel Au vieux panier as a sort of installation piece to show the stark contrast between order and chaos. It’s like a blank slate on one side, and a kick in the eyeballs on the other side.
2. Your Dream is Your Job Too – An incredibly insightful and to-the-point article from Ben Arment about how in order to achieve your dreams, they have to be your full time job. And no matter what, you have to show up for work. The sooner you start treating it that way, the closer you’ll get to the ultimate goal.
3. Their Circular Life - An exploration in human behavior using time lapse photos of urban places. We are all observers – everywhere we go. This site is an interactive and visually stimulating way of proving that. You seriously have to check this one out!
4. 3-D Paintings - The French artist known as Shaka combines painting and sculpture to create some really unique and eye-popping works. He sculpts the shapes of familiar objects directly on the canvas and covers them with layers of paint to create an effect that is too cool not to check out.
5. Finally, our quote for the week:
That quote means a lot to me right now – and I’m going to make it my personal mantra for the next few weeks at least. Here’s to a great weekend, and a better week ahead!